Sunday, January 26, 2014

For a while now I've been analyzing my parenting.  Like everything it has good days and not so good days.  I truly want to be the best parent that I can for my kids.  They deserve that.  I have found that if I try to fix everything that needs a little.... Or a big tweak.... My brain overloads and nothing gets done.  So, I've been trying to work on a few things at a time.  The two things that I'm really trying to improve on right now are patience and trying to find a good balance.  Let me explain.  
Patience, obviously.  These little girls exercise my patience to the fullest!  It's good for me and I'm learning a lot about enjoying the little things.  They teach me to do things at a much slower pace, their pace.  Our days are happier when there is a lot of patience in our home.  I have to say that I feel pretty good about myself in this area, but there is always room for improvement. 
The other thing that I'm working on is trying to find a good balance between being the "nazi traffic director" of our home (Lily has been calling me bossy a lot lately) and a laid back fun mom.  Is there a balance?!  I've been trying to find it.  I want to make their lives fun, but I want to teach them about responsibility as well.  Balance.  I'm sure I'll get there someday. I'm a work in progress. 
So today I threw rules out the window for no real reason at all and the girls ate brownies for lunch, watched three movies, took a reeeeaaalllly long bubble bath (extremely long!!), and I let them have a little sleep over/camp out on the floor of their room on a school night.  WHAT?!?!?  Ha ha ha!! 
See, I need to find a balance.  Hmmmmm.
I love being their Mom.  They make me want to be a better person, daily.
        



1 comment:

Jenny said...

You are a awesome mom! So fun! My girls would love a camp out on the floor and brownies for lunch.